The Experience Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day aspects of the Museum’s customer service and educational outcomes. This position manages up to 20 part time staff members (Discovery Guides) and assures proper scheduling and training. The Experience Manager reports to the Director of Education and Exhibits and is responsible for ensuring the Museum’s educational mission is fulfilled through programs and activities on the Museum floor.
- Manage, coordinate, and schedule all Discovery Guides to ensure proper daily staffing for the Museum
- Ensure proper ongoing training for Discovery Guides
- Place orders and monitor inventory for Gift Shop
- Act as the customer service liaison for birthday parties, field trips, and outreach
- Ensure proper opening and closing procedures on a daily basis
- Create, implement, and maintain a volunteer program for the Museum
- Produce and distribute Museum’s E-Newsletter
- Manage all educational aspects of the Museum’s social media platforms
- Ensure the Museum floor is presentable and clean each day
- Fill in all for all necessary gaps in daily floor coverage, including lab programs, Tesla shows, front desk, and the Museum floor.
- Ensure proper and transparent communication with the Museum’s leadership team
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to give concise, yet detailed instructions
- Ability to deal with wide variety of people and personalities
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Understanding and dedication to the mission of Hands On! Museum and its role in the community
- Computer literate and the understanding of social media
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Entrepreneurial and self-sufficient mindset
- Bachelors Degree required, preferred background in education, management, communications or similar
To apply please send a completed cover letter, resume, and application to email@example.com. Background check and references required. No phone calls. Deadline to apply is Friday, January 19, 2017.
Join a fun, exciting, and unique work environment. We are currently looking for someone to do part-time janitorial work during daytime business hours in our facilities. The ideal candidate must be able to work without constant supervision, willing to learn and be part of the great team we have, have very reliable transportation, be able to interact in a friendly way with the public, and willing to do other tasks as needed. Janitorial skills are desired but will train the right person with the right attitude. This position is for 20 hours per week. Opportunities exist to grow with us as we expand rapidly in the future. Being an equal opportunity employer, we encourage everyone over age 18 to apply. May be perfect for retirees or students. Veterans also strongly encouraged to apply. Apply online or in person at our downtown Johnson City location or at Gray Fossil Site Museum. To submit an application online, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Background check and references required. No phone calls please.
Are you looking for somewhere fun and unique to work? Hands On! Regional Museum is currently accepting applications for enthusiastic, and dependable part-time Discovery Guides to join our team. This entry-level position functions as a tour guide groups; delivers science and art programming; interacts and plays with guests and guides them through exhibits; assists with special events; assists with light cleaning of the museum. Current positions are available for a variety of time slots and our positions are flexible with class schedules if applicable, however weekends are required. Starting pay rate is $7.25/hr. and is non-negotiable. Applications available at 315 E. Main St, Johnson City or online. To submit an application online, email to: email@example.com. Background check and references required. No phone calls please.
Hands On! Regional Museum is an equal opportunity employer.